WRITING & EDITING SERVICES
My copywriting service includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Web Copy, such as your website’s home page, about page, and products and services pages
- Web Content, such as blog posts and articles
- Video and podcast scripts
- Advertising and marketing materials, including product literature, brochures, ads, sales letters, etc.
- Public relations copy, also known as corporate communications, such as news releases, press kits, social media posts, and product updates
- Collateral materials, such as business letters, query letters, business plans, etc.
Copyediting takes your raw material and gets it ready for publication. This service includes:
- Correcting spelling, punctuation, grammar, style and usage
- Ensuring consistency of style and formatting throughout the text
- Reviewing the overall integrity of content and structure
- Ensuring or querying accuracy of quotes, facts, numbers, references, and more. The extent of this feature will be outlined in the contract/agreement.
- Identifying possible legal issues of plagiarism, libel, or inciting language. The ultimate responsibility will remain with the author and publisher.
Proofreading is less intensive than copy-editing. It is a quality check and sprucing up of the copy. Copy may be marked online in a shared file, or on paper, using the Chicago Manual of Style proofreader’s marks, or other agreed upon method. Proofreading includes ensuring that the copy has:
- Correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar
- Consistent style and logically arranged content
- Proper formatting and citations, if necessary