The Fashionably Pink Celebrity Fashion Show
The Fashionably Pink Celebrity Fashion Show at the Musical Instrument Museum on October 3, 2012 was the official start to Phoenix Fashion Week. The show raised awareness and funds for Susan G. Komen for the Cure®. Nancy Brinker, Founder and CEO of the organization, was the evening’s honored guest.
A cocktail reception featured a red carpet entrance and charitable silent auction.
Alexa Zellers, Ms. Arizona Teen USA
Hosted by Brittany Dawn Brannon, Miss Arizona USA 2011, the show opened with a touching video montage of breast cancer survivors discussing who “raised them up” during their diagnosis and recovery. Jasmine Horméz sang “You Raise Me Up” accompanied by the Sweetwater Strings Orchestra and a dance performance by Kaleidoscape Dance.
Each talented designer participating in Phoenix Fashion Week featured pink fashion on the runway, modeled by breast cancer survivors and celebrities. Dubai-based designer Furne One dressed Raina Hein, runner-up on cycle 14 of America’s Next Top Model.
Raina Hein and Brittany Brown
Among the celebrity guests in attendance:
- Brittany Brown, America’s Next Top Model
- Heather Bilyeu, Bravo’s Million Dollar Listing
- Arie Luyendyk, ABC’s The Bachelorette
- Herb Sendek, ASU Basketball Coach
- Beth Troutman, Host of Right This Minute
- Alexa Zellers, Ms. Teen Arizona USA
- Jennifer Irene Gonzalez, Supermodel
- Lacey Nymeyer John, Olympic Swimmer
- Johnjay, 104.7 KISS FM
- Rich Berra, 104.7 KISS FM
- Kyle Unfug, 104.7 KISS FM
- Super Snake, 101.5 JAMZ
- Jackie Morales, 101.5 JAMZ
- Phil Westbrooks, former Chandler Vice Mayor
See more photos on my Flickr page. And if you want to buy me a new camera, that would be okay with me.